The winter holidays always bring out the list-making, goal -oriented part of my personality. Here is this year’s list of goals, all unrealistically slated to be accomplished during the week between Christmas and New Year!
1. Texsolv tie-ups to be applied to my 60” Toika loom
2. Choose pattern for napkins which will be woven as test samples for future tablecloth project on the Toika . Warp the loom!
2. Taka dai to be made by Bob according to Rodrick’s plans. Naturally I will be turning out my first braid within hours of the taka dai’s completion.
3. Dyeing with my avocado pit brew which has been steeping for almost 3 months now. This means spinning some white wool to dye.
4. Weave the small test tapestry for the medieval spinner with the wonderful wools that have arrived from Renaissance Dyeing in France.
Won’t I have a busy week! And somehow I imagine myself sharing delicious meals with my visiting family, lounging on the sofa reading all the fiber magazines that never got opened during the course of this year, continuing to knit my handspun Fair Isle sweater project, and starting a new baby sweater for the upcoming Feb. birth.
I need a dose of reality!…but then dreaming is so much more fun!